Just a quick look at the box score and some quick thoughts. Tomorrow morning I’ll share my game notes.
* Derrick Williams was on fire: 24 points on 17 shots.
* Co-MVP was Langston Galloway. 16 points on 10 shots, including 4-5 from downtown. He looked like he couldn’t miss. At the end of the game he had an easy layup and gave it up to Early for a bucket. Very unselfish!
* The offense looked good on designed plays. There were a number of scores after breaks, and as a Knick fan, I welcome this change. Credit: Derek Fisher.
* Melo had a quiet night in his return from injury. Thank goodness the Knicks didn’t need him. But Fisher still stuck him out there for 29 minutes, when he clearly wasn’t needed in the fourth quarter. Blame: Derek Fisher.
* Calderon looked awful. If him and Galloway play the same way for the next month, they’ll be switching spots.
* Zinger showed some flashes of what it is to come, but he’ll bring the growing pains with him. He looked best on defense (when his feet stayed on the floor).
* I’m moving to Milwaukee.