1. What will happen with Darko now that Orlando has announced they are signing Rashard Lewis? I would imagine that Orlando is sorta bluffing, hoping that they can get Seattle to do a sign and trade so that they can keep Darko (figuring Seattle will go for something rather than nothing), but if Seattle doesn’t go for it, then that will force Orlando to renounce Darko. If that happens, Darko will instantly become a very interesting free agent. On the right team, he could be veeeery interesting. But who has the cap-room to go after him? Heck, maybe SEATTLE would be interested in him – they’ve got to have some cap-room, right?
2. Did Toronto overpay for Jason Kapono? The fellow is coming off his first good season in the NBA and he got a LOT of money.
3. It appears as though Minnesota WILL try to move Garnett this offseason (which is a lot different from previous years, where the chance of them moving him seemed remote) – what team do you think he will end up on?
4. Who will get Gerald Wallace? He’s way too good to not have a team making a move on him right now, right?
5. Why the hell did Miami Vice add Sheena Easton to the cast? She’s terrible and they never even USED her on the show really! That was beyond absurd.
6. Cleveland can’t afford to let Anderson Varejao go, right?
7. Now that Toronto signed Kapono, that means Mickael Pietrus isn’t going there. Wouldn’t he be a great fit for the Knicks?
8. Will DeShawn Stevenson ever make $9 million in the rest of his NBA career (that’s the total he turned down from Orlando for three years before signing with Washington for the league minimum)?
9. How much do you think Ruben Patterson will get? Isn’t it interesting that he had his best season in YEARS, and yet there’s no way he’ll make as much money as he did this year (almost seven MILLION!) – sports economics is fun!
10. Is there a bigger luxury out there than Jerry Stackhouse for Dallas? I presume they’ll resign him, but man, Stackhouse is lucky that he was the only Maverick to show up in the playoffs, because otherwise, I don’t see any other team banging down the door of an aging shooting guard who just last year reached his highest TS in the past five years, and it was a whopping 53.7%! Still, he seems to have found a nice niche in Dallas, so I wish him the best.