Sorry folks I don’t have time for a full analysis tonight. Tonight the Knicks played 4 good quarters of basketball, but the game went 5. Here are some nuggets to chew on:
- Throughout the game, you could tell that the Knicks defense looked improved. Even guys like Marbury showed improvement.
- It’s nice to have a front court that isn’t shorter than the other team’s.
- No Lee. No Frye. No Butler.
- The Knicks were awful on the glass. Curry couldn’t even get a missed Celtic free throw late in the game.
- The lineup down the stretch was: Marbury, Crawford, Barnes, Davis, Curry.
- Barnes was covering Pierce.
- Barnes had a nice alleyoop in the 4th (from Jamal).
- Q-Rich and Barnes did the 4th quarter offensive/defensive switch, but only once.
- I haven’t looked at the box score yet, but my thinking right now is that rebounding & turnovers did them in.