Knicks Picks Media Roundup 7/30/10
- Amar’e Stoudemire: Cultural Explorer . “Stoudemire told The Associated Press on Friday that he believes he has ‘Hebrew roots’through his mother, Carrie. The five-time All-Star is on a weeklong visit to learn about Israel, its language and religions.”
- And, from Amar’e's Twitter feed: “Wow!! The fans here are amazing. Everyone cheers “NEW YORK KNICKS!!” “NEW YORK KNICKS!!“”
- For those of you interested in Twitter, new-Knick Ronny Turiaf frequently updates and has on a few occasions offered to buy lunch for the first Knicks fan to find him. As a bonus, his background has a pretty awesome shot of him in a Knicks jersey.
- Shannon Brown- New York Knick? “Guard Shannon Brown could be moving to New York City to man the New York Knicks backcourt with Raymond Felton. The man who has won two championships with the Los Angeles Lakers is a free agent and the Knicks have made him an offer, according to CBSSports.com.”
- Interest in Shannon Brown may have spiked due to a lack of ability to trade for Rudy Fernandez, as Alan Hahn reports. “An NBA source said that the Blazers would prefer to receive a first-round pick for Fernandez, which is a problem for the Knicks because they gave up their 2012 pick to the Rockets in the February trade for Tracy McGrady that helped clear more salary cap space for this summer’s foray in free agency. NBA rules prohibit a team from trading first-round picks in consecutive years, so the Knicks cannot make that move until 2014. The source said the Blazers are not interested in waiting four years when they almost assuredly would not have to wait as long with another team. The Oregonian reported Wednesday that the Bulls and Celtics were also interested.”
- USA Today: Brief ex-Knick Eddie House has signed with Team Superfriends in Miami. “House, a 10-year veteran who spent last season with the Boston Celtics and New York Knicks, gives Miami another shooter. He takes his 39% three-point average back to Miami, where he played from 2000 to 2003.”
- Finally, in a bit of unfortunate news, there is a warrant out for Eddy Curry’s arrest again, stemming from his failure to keep up with his settlement payments.