- [New York Daily News] No rest for Amar’e and Melo (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 04:09:53 GMT)
MIKE D’ANTONI sounds optimistic that he will have Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony for all three games over the next three nights as the Knicks get to see what they’re made of. But as for his own immediate future, D’Antoni knows the heat is still on, even with his Knicks coming off an easy win over the dreadful Pistons. NEW YORK DAILY NEWS MIKE D’ANTONI sounds optimistic that he will have Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony for all three games over the next three nights as the Knicks get to see what they’re made of.
- [New York Times] For the Knicks, Three Games in Three Nights Will Be a Challenge (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 06:20:39 GMT)
The recent injuries to Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire pose a challenge to the Knicks upcoming difficult stretch of three games in three nights.
- [New York Times] N.B.A. Roundup: Deron Williams Leads Nets Over Pistons With 26 Points (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 06:20:10 GMT)
Deron Williams scored 26 points to help the Nets beat the Detroit Pistons, 99-96, on Wednesday night in Newark.
- [New York Times] N.B.A. Teams Fare All Right in Back-to-Back-to-Backs (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 06:20:10 GMT)
N.B.A. teams as a whole are not performing poorly in the three-games-in-three-nights stretches they have been forced to play at times in this strike-shortened season.
- [New York Times] Paul, Griffin Lead Clippers Past Jazz, 107-105 (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 06:54:33 GMT)
Chris Paul scored a season-high 34 points and Blake Griffin added 31 as the Los Angeles Clippers held on for a 107-105 victory over the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night.
- [New York Times] Blazers Hand Bobcats 10th Straight Loss, 112-68 (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 06:03:29 GMT)
Jamal Crawford scored 24 points in 21 minutes, helping the Portland Trail Blazers rout Charlotte 112-68 on Wednesday night for the Bocbats’ 10th straight loss and the worst in franchise history.
- [New York Times] Duncan and Parker Lead Spurs Over Rockets (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 04:33:30 GMT)
Tim Duncan scored 25 points and Tony Parker added 24 to help the San Antonio Spurs rally for a 99-91 victory over the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night.
- [New York Times] Milkwaukee Bucks Miami’s Winning Trend With Comeback Win (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 04:19:31 GMT)
Milwaukee continued to relish the role of giant-killers when a storming second-half performance led the Bucks to a 105-97 victory over the Miami Heat on Wednesday.
- [New York Times] Westbrook, Durant Lead Thunder Past Mavericks (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 04:18:39 GMT)
Russell Westbrook scored 33 points, Kevin Durant added 23 points and 13 rebounds, and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Dallas Mavericks 95-86 on Wednesday night.
- [New York Times] Nash Leads Suns Past Hornets, 120-103 (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 04:12:39 GMT)
Steve Nash became the Phoenix Suns’ all-time leader in assists and set a season-high for points while he was at it.
- [New York Times] Bucks Win 105-97, Beat Heat Again (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 03:54:50 GMT)
Brandon Jennings scored 31 points, including three 3-pointers in a critical stretch of the fourth quarter, and Milwaukee beat Miami 105-97 on Wednesday night for the Bucks’ second win over the Heat this season.
- [New York Times] Granger’s 36 Leads Pacers Past Wolves, 109-99 (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 03:45:37 GMT)
Danny Granger scored 29 of his 36 points in the second half to help the Indiana Pacers blow by the Minnesota Timberwolves, 109-99, on Wednesday night.
- [New York Times] Williams Scores 26 as Nets Top Pistons 99-96 (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 03:36:35 GMT)
Deron Williams scored 26 points to help the New Jersey Nets beat the Detroit Pistons 99-96 Wednesday night.
- [New York Times] Celtics Go Above .500 With 100-64 Rout of Raptors (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 03:33:31 GMT)
Paul Pierce had 17 points and eight assists and the Boston Celtics crept above .500 for the second time this season with a 100-64 rout of the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night.
- [New York Times] Magic Snap Skid With 109-103 Win Over Wizards (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 03:07:08 GMT)
Ryan Anderson scored 23 points, including six 3-pointers, to help the Orlando Magic snap a four-game losing streak with a 109-103 victory over the Washington Wizards on Wednesday night.
- [New York Times] Iguodala Leads 76ers Past Bulls 98-82 (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 02:33:45 GMT)
Andre Iguodala helped the Philadelphia 76ers stamp themselves as a rising threat in the East, scoring 19 points and grabbing nine rebounds in a 98-82 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night.
- [New York Times] The N.B.A. Is Missing Its Shots in China (Thu, 02 Feb 2012 03:47:19 GMT)
China loves basketball. But as American players and the N.B.A. itself have discovered, the country has its own rules.