Knicks 35 Bulls 117
Random Notes & Thoughts:
* I’ve come up with a new game to play during Knick games, I call it the Jared Jeffries game. Anytime an announcer says Jeffries stats, add the words “a career high” after it. It works well when they say things like “Jeffries has 5 points on the night” or “That’s Jeffries 3rd rebound.” It helps take the pain away when Jeffries misses from inside the paint.
* The Knicks normally have been good in third quarters, which had us guessing what Isiah does at halftimes. So far the most prevalent notion is “live cock fights.”
* My roommate asked me what Jeffries cost the Knicks. My response: “giving minutes to any small forward that might be useful.”
* I understand the Knicks are a walking M*A*S*H unit, but can’t Isiah sign someone from the D-League to help? This guy is the NBDL’s second highest scorer, is coming off knee surgery, and was drafted by the Knicks a few years back. A 10 day contract couldn’t hurt and I’d love to hear what the New York announcers could do with his name. That alone could keep me going until the end of the season.
* A Mike Sweetney sighting! If Frank Williams and Cezary Trybanski had been signed to 10-day contracts, I could have just dusted off a 2004 KnickerBlogger post and I don’t think anyone would have noticed.
* There was some discussion on what wins games (shooting, turnovers, rebounding, etc.), and those serious about the endeavor should Google “Four Factors Dean Oliver”. This link written by Dean himself, gives a pretty good plain English explanation.