Welcome to Knickerblogger’s Top 25 Favorite Knicks of the Modern Era poll!
I’ve been doing this bit for a few years now on my comic book blog (here‘s the latest) and I talked to Mike and he agreed that it would be fun to do one of these polls for Knickerblogger!
So it’s time to vote for your top ten favorite New York Knick players of the Modern Era (from 1979-80 until now, also known as “The 3-Point Era,” as that’s when the NBA adopted the three ball).
Here’s the deal. You folks all vote in the comments section here up until 11:59 PM Eastern time, December 14th. I’ll tabulate all the votes and I’ll begin a countdown of the winners starting December 15th! Who is more popular – John Starks or Allan Houston? Charles Oakley or Bernard King? Charlie Ward or Mark Jackson? Stephon Marbury or Marcus Camby? You’ll find out here!
Okay, here are the guidelines!
1. Vote in the comments section below, making sure to include the following codeword with your comment – KBTOP25. This codeword will make your post invisible to other posters (it will appear to you as though it is “awaiting moderation” – don’t worry, that’s what should happen). This is to allow for a secret ballot, so that the results will be a surprise!
2. You’re going to be voting for ten players in total here. Your ten favorite Knick players since 1980. Vote for TEN – less than ten players and I will not count your ballot.
To help jog your memory about who we’re talking about, Mike nicely made a couple of lists (using Basketball Reference’s player season finder) of notable Knicks. Here are all Knicks since 1979-80 ranked by PER. Here they are ranked by TS%. I added one here where they are ranked by Win Shares.
3. Rank your ten favorite players from #1 (your most favorite) to #10 (your 10th most favorite). I’d prefer it if you actually numbered your entry, #1-10. It’s easier for me to count.
4. Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
5. Make sure to include KBTOP25 in your ballot. People often forget.
6. The criteria for picking players is just “your favorites.” So don’t worry about picking the best players, just pick your ten favorite players.
7. Include KBTOP25 on your ballot. I know it sounds silly to repeat this twice, but if I don’t do so, people will forget.
8. I’ll make various other decisions in the interest of fairness.
If you have questions and or requests for clarification, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
Remember, please include the following codeword: KBTOP25 – on your ballot.
Most importantly, have fun!