Cavs 93 Knicks 97
Again quick notes.
* I’d like to write a program so that when I hit a key combination (CTRL-ALT-F1, for example) it spits out the sentence: “I?ve said it before and I?ll say it again, the Knicks need to work on their last second plays.” This is the lineup Isiah had in for the final shot: Marbury, Jeffries, Rose, Frye, Curry. And Isiah subbed in Jeffries specifically for that play. Why put in a defensive specialist with a career PPG of 6.1 for the last play when you have the ball? In fact, why have two of them (Rose)? Again there seemed to be no play, just a “you guys improvise out there” talk from Isiah. Luckily Marbury hits the three pointer, and this is all just a cranky blogger nit picking. But this situation bites them on the ass so many times.
* On that last shot, Frye passed the ball with 4 seconds on the shot clock. You can’t really blame him, but he does do that a lot. Someone needs to teach him how to look at the shot clock every now and then.
* When Randolph Morris entered the game I had to explain to my wife the significance of this situation. Hopefully 5 years from now when she’s on Jeopardy and the final question is “who is the first player to score in March Madness and the NBA in the same month” she’ll know the answer.
* Taking my advice from yesterday, Isiah gave Jerome James some second half running. Thanks for reading Zeke, feel free to comment!
* Boy our guards are good at rebounding, or is it that the rest of the team doesn’t apply themselves? Marbury and Nate both outrebounded Curry, and if Collins didn’t play 10 less minutes, we’d be including him here as well.
* Oh and hey we won a game!